Thursday, February 25, 2010

Off the cuff

I have a thing for cuff bracelets. Blame it on Lynda Carter--all those Wonder Woman episodes left their mark on me.

As long as your clothing is relatively simple--a long column of a dress, for example, or an all-black simple top and pants--
the addition of matching bracelets on each arm is a bold, stylish statement. Think Diana Vreeland, circa 1962. They need not be "good" jewelry...this classic transcends carats.

Please don't mind if I share a couple from my collection...along with one that is so beloved, it should have a twin, but alas, is a solo act...

A pair of Kenny Lanes...


Some vintage enamels...


And finally, my lonely fox, consoling himself by a close association with his own tail...his gaze two gorgeous cabochon emeralds...


Two is better than one,
ABL

5 comments:

Her Preppiness said...

Stunning

uncoolmom17 said...

Lynda Carter! Oh how I wanted to be Wonder Woman......:))))))))

uncoolmom17 said...

Lynda Carter! Oh how I wanted to be Wonder Woman :)))))))))

uncoolmom17 said...

Lynda Carter! Oh how I wanted to be Wonder Woman :)))))))))

uncoolmom17 said...

Lynda Carter! Oh how I wanted to be Wonder Woman :)))))))))

About Me

My photo
Living well is the best revenge...and a choice we make every day. Join me as I celebrate the bounty of beauty in all its forms: fashion, homestyle, accessories and everyday richness...as I juggle the roles of Mommy, wife, daughter, dog mommy, creative director, Zumba instructor, volunteer...all with more than a passing glance backward to an old-school, classic time when style was a way of life