Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Am I blue








A long-standing staple of the gracious home is collections.They can be many things--silver cups, Halcyon Days enamels, Herend figurines, Staffordshire, et al...there's no limit. One of the most popular kinds of collections is the color-based one...and blue seems to be the go-to shade.

I have long been a blue--particularly a blue-and-white--fan. Our master bedroom is blue toile, our upstairs hall is Williamsburg blue toile, and on and on. Downstairs I have a collection of blue export which I adore. Most is original and inherited, a few other pieces have been acquired by moi the traditional way: American Express!

Are you a blue buff? Please share!

Plus d'un peu bleue,
ABL

6 comments:

Mrs. Z said...

LOVE blue and white...my everyday dishes are Spode Blue Italian...wanted it since I was a little girl!

bevy said...

Love the blue and white. Our fine china is Philippe Deshoulieres' Cobalt. I love it...

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

I share your love...blue and white always puts me in a good mood! xx

Summer is a Verb said...

Total blue buff! Found some gorgous blue pieces at a restaurant in Ixtapa but would have had to rent a car and travel hours to reach the source. One of these visits. I'll email you a couple of pics I took while lusting over my breakfast...XXOO

Beth Dunn said...

TOTALLY My entire basement is done in that pattern. As soon as I get the carpet cleaned and new paint I'll post. You are so cool!

xoxo
SC

RobboRanx said...

Hello there,

Spode Blue Italian.....my choice. So colourful.Thanks alot....
Spode Blue Italian

About Me

My photo
Living well is the best revenge...and a choice we make every day. Join me as I celebrate the bounty of beauty in all its forms: fashion, homestyle, accessories and everyday richness...as I juggle the roles of Mommy, wife, daughter, dog mommy, creative director, Zumba instructor, volunteer...all with more than a passing glance backward to an old-school, classic time when style was a way of life