Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Flat broke



Are you comfortable NOT towering over the crowd? Is your shoe collection less about the heel and more about the toe? Do you prefer to live life on an even keel, instead of pitching forward?
Then you, Dear Reader, are a Flat Fan. And I feel for you, because (with the possible exception of the Jimmy Choo/Manolo buff) you are singularly trapped in an ever-expanding collection cycle. One simply can't have too many darling flats.

And there are oh so many.

I should know.

At five foot six, I am hardly the tallest girl in the room. Nor am I the shortest, making me uncommonly comfortable in the neutral position afforded by the flat. Thusly, I am heavily invested in the heel-less shoe. I have just about all of them, from Choo's and Chanel's quilted ballet flats, to Torys, to Belgians and Stubbs, to Lillys, to Guccis and Ferragamos, Coach and many more. Must admit I am still on the prowl for the pearl-encrusted flats described in Hopsy's blog.

What's your fave fab flat? Please share!

Always at my true height,
ABL

13 comments:

Suburban prep said...

I love loafers and right now I am loving a number of them. I love the patent ones in black or in the deep wine or the browns. (I have a pair of each of them). I also love a pair of patent Sperry . For me comfort is key (due to wearing of a compression stocking on my leg for DVT). I am 5'9" so not short.

Summer is a Verb said...

Those Guccis at 8:30 in the first picture. To die for...XXOO

Anne Lake said...

Ancient Guccis! Late 80s.

Anne Lake said...

Actually...correction--those are 2006

Bethany said...

I'm only 5'4" and love to wear flats. They are so comfortable and look great with everything.

Mrs. Z said...

LOVE flats...heels kill my back...and my feet. I prefer to be comfortable and thanks to all these gorgeous shoes you can still look fabulous at the same time! You have a wonderful collection!

sle said...

Love your collection! You have the best taste

Muffy said...

I love my J. Crew ballet flats. I have them in everything from pink and green paisley to pink and green plaid! HAHA!

Bama Girl said...

Love your flat collection! I see several that I also own.....I'm 5'6.5" so not short, but not tall. Honestly I like at least a little bit of a wedge heel, but they're especially tough during the fall and winter seasons. From your newest follower, Shopaholic In Alabama! :-) XOXO

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

LOVE THEM ALL!!!!!! Please tell me what the darling shoe is in the bottom picture, I think it is black or navy blue with a lime green bow (I thought it was a dragonfly at first!) on it? Loove that!!

Can you e-mail me that?
info(at)2PreppyGirls(dot)com

Whitney and the Preppy Puppies said...

I am definitely a flats girl and I'm only 5'2". I also have size 10 gunboats (as my husband refers to them) and flats are usually just more comfortable for me. From winter ballet slippers to summer Bonannos and other sandals, I much prefer to have my heels on the ground.

Miss Janice said...

Love every single pair. I'm so jealous that I don't have them all. I want the navy & green Belgians...I believe they are--love them!

About Me

My photo
Living well is the best revenge...and a choice we make every day. Join me as I celebrate the bounty of beauty in all its forms: fashion, homestyle, accessories and everyday richness...as I juggle the roles of Mommy, wife, daughter, dog mommy, creative director, Zumba instructor, volunteer...all with more than a passing glance backward to an old-school, classic time when style was a way of life