Thursday, April 1, 2010

On the Avenue



I had an Aunt Bunny who died last year. Needless to say, Easter was her favorite holiday.
I think of her now, and miss her.

She loved to wear hats, as do I. I miss the fun, frivolity and uniformity of style that hats conferred. I can recall a time when going to church meant looking out on an ocean of hats and gloves.

But, as it is the weekend of the bunny, I have unboxed my favorite Eric Javits bonnets to peruse for wearability on Sunday.
I may not make the parade that Judy and Fred graced, but I will doubtless pay homage to my Aunt Bunny in true style.








Ears up,
ABL

6 comments:

mFw said...

Love the hats! They are so classic! Happy Easter!

Mrs. Expat said...

what great memories you have of your Aunt--it pays to have style. Loved all of your hats, you need to come to Delhi for The Melbourne Cup party. Hats galore!

Ashley Pepitone said...

Great hats! I can't wait for the first chance I get to tote my Javits beach bag to the pool! Happy hoppy, friend!

Rosie Campbell said...

Great hats!

www.rosiecampbell.net

Kathie Truitt said...

I, too am a lover of hats. I vacationed in Florida this week and wore a hat most of the time. My dear friend Pat who is one of the most beloved socialites here in DC (her pictures are always in the society magazines - even in New York) has worn a hat every single day that I have known her. We've been friends for over 7 years and I've never seen her without a hat.

Have a great Easter!

Michelle said...

I love hats as well. I especially love you pink with feathers one!

About Me

My photo
Living well is the best revenge...and a choice we make every day. Join me as I celebrate the bounty of beauty in all its forms: fashion, homestyle, accessories and everyday richness...as I juggle the roles of Mommy, wife, daughter, dog mommy, creative director, Zumba instructor, volunteer...all with more than a passing glance backward to an old-school, classic time when style was a way of life